Skip to main content

COSMIC ORPHANS OR CHILDREN OF GOD?: EPISODE 1



There is a story about a conversation between a barberman and his client . They are sitting there when suddenly the barberman makes a proclaimation .
" there is no God! ", he says .

"What makes you think that ?" , the client replies.
" Well if there was a God , why is there so much pain and suffering in the world ? ...." , he retorts.
His client remains silent for a while and looks outside the window. Outside the window he sees a madman who hasn't had a haircut in years . And he too makes a shocking proclamation.

" There are no Barbermen in this world!" , he says in mocking anguish.

The baberman is so outraged and shocked by this comment that he shouts in response.
" Why in the world would you say that? ", seeing that he is a barberman himself.

" how would you explain all these people with bad haircuts on the streets??"

The barberman unable to contain his emotions finally replies.
" Well that's because no one is walking into the barbershop!"



Could it be that we too could be making false conclusions about Barbermen ? In this case God ? Judging him from a small glimpse what we see of the Life we have found ourselves in?
People often come to the conclusion that there is no God and to me , I find that very interesting . There are approximately 100 billion planets in the milky way ...have you even been to any to search for God ? No? Okay . How about the moon have you been there ? And suppose you did what if he was on the other side? . Imagine if you went to India to search for God what if he was in Russia visiting? The only way you would physically find God is if you could be everywhere at once . Meaning you would have to possess the very qualities of God yourself. To simply declare the nonexistence of God is a pathetic excuse to ease the mind with many unanswered questions !
Think OF THIS. If the presence of Pain and suffering suggests a non-existent God. Doesn't that mean the presence of joy and all of the good things in life suggest the existence of God? And this whole paradox puts God in a tight spot. If good exist and evil too do they all flow this same God ? If so that makes God sound very twisted and sinister .
And before we dive deep into the cumbersome nature of this God. How can we know that God really exists? 



WE MUST ADOPT THE ATTITUDE OF AN INQUIRER.

Who is an inquirer? An inquirer is a person who asks for information about something or someone. These people possess certain attributes.

As an Inquirer:

• I ask a variety of questions

• I show persistence, I don’t give up easily when seeking answers

• I have a genuine appreciation for learning for its own sake

• I use all senses fully.

• I conduct research independently
Most importantly an inquirer reaches a conclusion based on evidence and hardcore facts not feelings or emotions . Remember the heart can never be free if the mind has unanswered questions.
Take off your religious sandals for a bit and let's explore the existence of God? Is there any evidence ? and if so how does it affect you?
In the next Episode of our series "COSMIC ORPHANS OR CHILDREN OF GOD ?" we will look at the REASONS WHY PEOPLE SAY GOD IS A MADE UP FICTIONAL CHARACTER  THAT MAN HAS MADE TO DEAL WITH PAIN AND SUFFERING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LITTLE NOTES: STABLE SHIPS AND FAST HORSES.

I've been writing my CA (continuous assessment) test 2 for the past two weeks and since everything is online,  the thought of calling on good old uncle Google was crossing my mind frequently. At first I stood firmly on the fact that I'm a Christian and cheating is wrong.  But as the tests kept coming and coming , each harder than the previous one, I was ready to compromise just this once, after all every one is doing it and the lecturers know it too!  So I tried cheating. I happen to own two phones ,so why not ? Who would know anyways. I even had the guts to pray to God to forgive me for cheating... which I planned to do on purpose.   So as I had planned,  the next day I got my other phone  to cheat that was pathology I remember. The moment the paper started I switched on my other phone and the weirdest thing happened,  my phone that was on about 40% , started draining really fast to 0 , until it went completely off.  I was not only shocked but now stranded , I didn't study

LITTLE NOTES FROM HEAVEN: BE THE LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS!

There is a story told about Holmes and watson that always cracks me up. Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip. After a good dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and go to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." "I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes" replies Watson. "And what do you deduce from that?" Watson ponders for a minute. "Well, Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful, and that we are a small and insignificant part of the universe." But what does it tell you, Holmes?" Holmes is silent for a moment. "W

LITTLE NOTES: IS BETTING A SIN ?

We have all heard about betting as a form of gambling , some of us even use it to make some quick cash. While betting can be rewarding if you're lucky , for most people it can turn into a life long addiction, if not handled properly. Problem betting is harmful to psychological and physical health. People who live with this addiction may experience depression, migraine, distress, intestinal disorders, and other anxiety-related problems. As with other addictions, the consequences of betting can lead to feelings of despondency and helplessness. But hey , don't listen to me, what does the bible say about betting? I recently came across this verse in the bible, that talks about the gods of luck and fate , "Isaiah 65:11 (ERV) [11]“But you people left the Lord, so you will be punished. You forgot about my holy mountain. You began to worship Luck( babylonian god ,Gad ) . You held feasts for the false god, Fate ( babylonian god , Meni) ." I was like god of luck an