Skip to main content

LITTLE NOTES FROM HEAVEN: BE THE LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS!



There is a story told about Holmes and watson that always cracks me up. Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip. After a good dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and go to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." "I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes" replies Watson. "And what do you deduce from that?" Watson ponders for a minute. "Well, Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful, and that we are a small and insignificant part of the universe." But what does it tell you, Holmes?" Holmes is silent for a moment. "Watson, you idiot!" he says. "Someone has stolen our tent!"


How did the brilliant Sherlock Holmes deduce that some had stolen the tent ? He noticed the lights !

We too as Christians can either be warning lights in a time of trouble or blinding lights that block people from seeing danger and leaves them in darkness. In my first installment of "LITTLE NOTES FROM HEAVEN" (which will be posted every sunday , please subscribe so that you can get a personal notification email every time I post) , I will be talking about how you can be the light in a time of trouble!

“In the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.”

Philippians 2:15


We use lights to make manifest. A Christian man and woman should so shine in their life, that a person could not live with him or her a week without knowing the gospel. Their conversation should be such that all who are about themshould clearly perceive whose they are , and whom they serves; and should see the image of Jesus reflected in their daily actions.


Lights are intended for guidance. We are to help those around us who are in the dark. We are to hold forth to them the Word of life. We are to point sinners to the Saviour, and the weary to a divine resting-place. Men sometimes read their Bibles, and fail to understand them; we should be ready, like Philip, to instruct the inquirer in the meaning of God’s Word, the way of salvation, and the life of godliness.



Lights are also used for warning. On our rocks and shoals a light-house is sure to be erected. Christian men and women should know that there are many false lights shown everywhere in the world, and therefore the right light is needed. The wreckers of Satan are always abroad, tempting the ungodly to sin under the name of pleasure; they hoist the wrong light, be it ours to put up the true light upon every dangerous rock, to point out every sin, and tell what it leads to, that so we may be clear of the blood of all men, shining as lights in the world.



Lights also have a very cheering influence, and so have Christians. A Christian ought to be a comforter, with kind words on his or her lips, and sympathy in his or her heart; she or he should carry sunshine wherever they go, and diffuse happiness around them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LITTLE NOTES: STABLE SHIPS AND FAST HORSES.

I've been writing my CA (continuous assessment) test 2 for the past two weeks and since everything is online,  the thought of calling on good old uncle Google was crossing my mind frequently. At first I stood firmly on the fact that I'm a Christian and cheating is wrong.  But as the tests kept coming and coming , each harder than the previous one, I was ready to compromise just this once, after all every one is doing it and the lecturers know it too!  So I tried cheating. I happen to own two phones ,so why not ? Who would know anyways. I even had the guts to pray to God to forgive me for cheating... which I planned to do on purpose.   So as I had planned,  the next day I got my other phone  to cheat that was pathology I remember. The moment the paper started I switched on my other phone and the weirdest thing happened,  my phone that was on about 40% , started draining really fast to 0 , until it went completely off.  I was not only shocked but now stranded , I didn't study

LITTLE NOTES: IS BETTING A SIN ?

We have all heard about betting as a form of gambling , some of us even use it to make some quick cash. While betting can be rewarding if you're lucky , for most people it can turn into a life long addiction, if not handled properly. Problem betting is harmful to psychological and physical health. People who live with this addiction may experience depression, migraine, distress, intestinal disorders, and other anxiety-related problems. As with other addictions, the consequences of betting can lead to feelings of despondency and helplessness. But hey , don't listen to me, what does the bible say about betting? I recently came across this verse in the bible, that talks about the gods of luck and fate , "Isaiah 65:11 (ERV) [11]“But you people left the Lord, so you will be punished. You forgot about my holy mountain. You began to worship Luck( babylonian god ,Gad ) . You held feasts for the false god, Fate ( babylonian god , Meni) ." I was like god of luck an